순교자 정약종 어거스틴 한인 천주교회
Korean Catholic Community of Kansas
9130 Pflumm Rd. Lenexa, KS 66215
주 일 :11:00 AM
평 일 :수 목 금 10:00 AM, 화 8:00 PM
매 미사 전 후 (주일 미사엔 신부님과 상의)
주일 10:00 AM
주일 9:30 AM
한인 성당 건물의 역사
In the fall of 1906 Holy Trinity Parish increased to about sixty families. They felt they could now support a resident pastor. Fr. Herberichs, pastor of St. Joseph and Holy Trinity discussed the matter with Bishop Thomas F. Lillis and permission was granted.
Fr. Herberichs was appointed as first resident pastor. A pastor’s house was soon built at a nominal cost. After three years, Fr. Herberichs, owing to illness, went to Europe to regain his health. Fr. A.J. Blaufuss took charge of the parish in his absence. In 1910 Fr. J.A. Haefele was appointed pastor by Bishop Lillis.
Due to the growth of the parish at this time the little frame church, built in 1892, was becoming too small. The decision was made to build a stone church. The excavation work was done by the parishioners in order to keep the cost to a minimum. The stone was donated by Mr. & Mrs. M. Zahner and was hauled into the building site by the men of the parish.
In the spring of 1911 the corner stone was laid by Bishop John Ward. The church was completed in the fall of 1911 at the cost of $16,000 and was dedicated by Bishop Ward on Thanksgiving Day of that year. Following the dedication services a turkey dinner was served to the bishop, visiting clergy and parishioners in the basement of the church.